Message from Charlene


Sharing a message from Charlene
Those of you who have participated in a CALA Event with me, may have heard the story about my curiosity regarding how function affects form, from a purely movement - muscle perspective. While hiking the Milford Track, New Zealand, in 1992, I encountered a puzzling situation. It was a particularly hot day, as a group of 40 people left the boat that took us through Fiordland and delivered us to the starting point to embark on a hiking adventure. I needed space and time to be alone, in nature, and hopped off the boat first. Being particularly fit at this point in my life, I was soon hiking along, back pack secured, admiring the mountains, the trees, and the abundant waterfalls. After a short while, I had to remove a layer of clothing and while doing so, three very fit, young men arrived. They also removed a layer of clothing and this is when I noticed the Serratus Anterior muscles on one of the hikers. I had never really noticed pronounced muscles like this on a rather lean individual. This began the search for an answer. What does this person do, that has led to the development of these super defined muscles?

I discovered the answer… 20+ years of shearing sheep. Take a look at the video, and see how the physical work that you do, or the exercise program you commit to, has an affect on your form. Of course, genetics also play a role.
Enjoy, a demonstration of Alistair shearing in New Zealand.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDRA SHARED HER CALA STORY